Is it safe to have plastic surgery in an office operating facility?
There is more to having surgery than just selecting your doctor. In the hands of a
well-trained, reputable, board-certified surgeon, proven procedures have an extremely high safety profile in office-based surgery (OBS) facilities. Patients should always inquire as to the types of certification and licenses the doctors and the facility carries for any procedure, not just those considered elective.
At Hass Plastic Surgery Center we have taken that assurance one step further in giving our patients peace of mind. Our center is not only state licensed, but also nationally certified by The American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities, Inc. (www.AAAASF.org) This accreditation is recognized as the gold standard for certification and is unique in protecting patients in OBS centers because they require:
- The surgeons operating have local hospital privileges for those procedures they perform in the OBS.
- Anesthesia professionals administer deeper levels of anesthesia.
- A safe, surgical environment, equipment, drugs and standards must be met and readily available at all times.
- The (OBS) center must match hospital standards.
- A peer review must be held and the center's data tracked for any complications, etc.
Equally important is the preparation prior to an elective surgery. Be sure your doctor does a thorough pre-op and reviews your medical concerns and gets clearance (if appropriate) from your other physicians. Be honest with your doctors regarding past health issues, as well as the types of medicine and supplements you take. Whether elective, or non-elective, out-patient surgery should be safe for all involved, especially when choosing to do something so rewarding for yourself. Remember, we value your safety above all else and appreciate that you do as well.
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Board Certified Ophthalmic Plastic Surgeon
Book Complimentary Consultation
Accredited Surgical Facility
Call us Today
(800) 444 1222